Now is the right time of the year to think about an outdoor area for upcoming Christmas and the warmer months in QLD. With the South East Qld temperatures heading north after the August westerlies, a covered entertainment area will be a must welcome, once spring has sprung and beyond.
To take full advantage of your new outdoor entertainment area, an outdoor kitchen or a barbeque comes to mind.
More and more homeowners are updating their backyards with outdoor kitchens. Outdoor kitchens allow you to enjoy the same delight indoor dining with the serenity of the great outdoors at your side.
Outdoor Kitchen Design Tips from GW Patios
1. Location – Outdoor Kitchen Layout
To plan your cooking area you must first create a sensible floor plan, as with any kitchen area, there must be minimal movement from hot plate to dinner plate on the table.
- Make sure that your eating area is in close proximity to the grill.
- Make sure that you have all the essentials to creating an outdoor kitchen area. This means having dedicated spaces where you can prep, cook, serve, and clean dishes. This will make your outdoor kitchen plan an all in one, comprehensive dining solution.
Appliances for your outdoor kitchen area will be a designated preparation area, along with the cooking apparatus and sink area.
- All these appliances must be low maintenance materials that will make cleaning more feasible.
- Remember being outside, your new patio area should have to withstand the extreme Queensland climate.
- If you’re installing on an existing deck, make sure that your patio is structurally sound and capable of supporting the additional weight.
Once your outdoor kitchen is installed, you don’t want to go through the headache of having to replace anything in the near future. These are permanent structures and materials should be sourced with this in mind.
3. Hi-Gloss Ceiling
To help with residual smoke which will be emitting from your barbeque or outdoor kitchen, it would be advisable to have this area in a well-ventilated position beneath your patio cover.
- Hi-gloss ceiling is one cool addition we have for your insulated patio roof; this ensures easy cleaning once you have finished your gourmet cuisine. This finish is a kin to a two pack kitchen finish; it’s an easy spray & wipes finish.
4. Lighting – Light box and Electrical installations
Lighting is extremely important as you need to see and cook your ingredient using the correct setting and also for eating your finished product at the table.
- If you prefer natural light Stratco have an ingenious light box that is fitted into your insulated roof panel for maximum fresh and clear natural light.
- All our insulated roof panels come with complimentary attachments for easy electrical installations once the patio roof is completed.
In conclusion, always consider these suggestions when planning your new Stratco outdoor entertainment area. Installing an outdoor kitchen can not only proves to be a gift to yourself, you can justify it as an investment that will yield gains in the near future.
You and your family feel good about yourself with the decision you made in the construction of your new G.W. Home Improvement